Yesterday was full of so many of my favorite things: exploring pretty cities, fresh beautiful blossoms, avocado toast, and best friend heart-to-hearts.
Kelly and her husband Nolan live down in LA, but earlier this week they decided to spend Fourth of July weekend visiting family friends up in Sonoma, which meant I got to snag Sunday with her—the happiest of surprises, especially because I hadn’t seen her since December before that.
For our time together, we decided to pop on over to the other side of the Bay for a little San Francisco sightseeing. Kelly has a knack for discovering the most beautiful and unique spots in any city she’s in, so even though I probably should have been the one with good ideas being the local and all, I was all ears when she suggested Ampersand SF, a flower shop and design studio where you can create your own bouquets. After some Pinterest-stalking, we immediately knew this was our place—not only do we both love flowers, we love photos and well, this place is a photographer’s dream. A dream it was! I mean, it had bright blooms, twinkle lights, and colorful walls—what more could a girl want? Once we got our fill of flowers, we went to The Mill for some avocado toast (okay, we got the cinnamon toast too—how are you supposed to pick?), then we stopped by to pay Uncle Jesse a visit at the Painted Ladies, and finished off the day with a viewpoint at Billy Goat Hill. It was the perfect way to spend a day in the city by the Bay, if you ask me.
There’s something about spending time with those closest to you that’s so life-giving. They know you well and find just the right questions to ask, offering the exact encouragement and truth you need to hear. Like a good verse, it seeps into the crevices of your heart that need to hear it, and settles you.
In honor of a Sunday that left this girl with a full and happy heart, I wanted to share some truths from the book of Isaiah that settle my heart in similar ways whenever I remind myself of them. As you tuck them into your heart at the start of this week, may they do the same for you!
1. I am made holy by Jesus’ holiness imported to me—sin and shortcomings do not define me (Isaiah 6:6-7).
2. Nothing can thwart what God has purposed for my life (Isaiah 14:27).
3. I am never alone, and I am precious in the eyes of God, loved by Him (Isaiah 43:1-4).
4. I can step fully and boldly into who God created me to be, and into the purposes He has for me, free from fear. The outcome has already been written, and I will not be put to shame (Isaiah 54:2-4).
5. God will gather me in with great compassion (Isaiah 54:7-8).
6. I have security in God’s steadfast love and covenant of peace, which will NOT depart from me (Isaiah 54:10).
7. I am protected in God’s love, no weapon fashioned against me shall succeed (Isaiah 54:14-17).
These truths transform everything when we let them sink deep—my prayer is that they would sink deep into your heart this week.
P.S. Below are some photos from my day in San Francisco with Kelly—may the flowers and vibrant colors brighten your day as well.
Hello I’m Kaci!
I love encouraging and discipling others in the Word of God, and I really love the One it all points to: Jesus.
How To KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS You To Do
BIBLE STUDY WITH ME | James 1
SINGLENESS & DATING: Waiting on God, or Taking Initiative?